7 Sources To Check When Looking For A Sample Of A Dissertation Cover Page
When you are writing your dissertation, it is important to make sure you have formatted everything correctly. At this high academic level, your committee will not accept sloppy mistakes in formatting. One of the best ways to check that you have “dotted every I and crossed every T” is to check sources for comparisons. Here are seven of the best sources to check when you are in the final stages of writing your dissertation and the cover page:
- Online College Writing Labs: These thorough websites usually include samples of nearly every type of paper and their components. You can do a side-by-side check of a sample cover page with your own to be sure you are including all of the necessary pieces.
- Formatting Handbooks: Your dissertation committee will most likely use a formatting handbook from MLA, APA, or whatever style you are assigned to use. It is in your best interest to invest in your own copy, too.
- Online Handbooks: Most of the formatting governing boards have their own websites that include the style guides that your committee will be using. You should be able to find an electronic sample to compare with your cover page.
- College Dissertation Database: Every paper that was submitted at your university will be included in the database, so you should be able to find one that has a perfectly written cover page. You should be able to print a copy or at least save one to look at on your computer screen. If you print one out, you can align yours over it so be sure everything lines up properly.
- Online Writing Sites: Instead of buying a paper to turn in, you should be able to find a dissertation to use as a sample. Many of the top sites will have free samples that students can dig through to see if the site creates well-written papers for the prices they charge.
- Colleagues and Fellow Students: If you only need to see a cover page, you should be able to ask your fellow students and colleagues about their own papers. Many are happy to show a sample to help out a friend.
- Dissertation Blogs and Websites: In the virtual world, there are plenty of sites available with information about writing and formatting cover pages. You should be able to find a sample somewhere, but be sure it is formatted correctly before you use to format your own paper.
Our team consists of professional writers and PhD holders, so you will receive the first-hand information and learn how to avoid typical mistakes.
Become A Writer
If you're PhD holder and want to help other students and peers to get greater understanding in PhD writing, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.