How To Compose A Dissertation Table Of Contents: Basic Hints
A dissertation is one of the key projects a student will have to do in order to earn his degree. Without the proper research and writing a dissertation will not stand out. When you are working so hard for the paper it is bound to grow lengthy with information and facts you have dug up or gotten through experiments and interviews. In order for a reader to find exactly where everything is you will need to prepare a table of contents. There are so many different subsections in a paper like abstracts, thesis statement, introductions, bibliography etc. here are a few hints on how to create an effective table of contents.
A dissertation has many different things in its format. You will need to download a template so that there is no confusion and you do not miss some of the key sections by mistake. There are rules and guidelines that have to be followed if you want to get good grades. Similarly you will have to include a table of contents at the very beginning of the paper. The first two pages will be about the topic, your name, subject and name of the university and then after that you will have to insert the contents. The purpose of the content is to help the reader navigate through the immense paper. There can be many subsections and you will have to mention each and every one in the table of contents.
Tips on composing a table of contents:
- The table has to be well organized. Its task is to keep things easy to read so it should not be written in a haphazard way.
- Since you will be inserting every subtopic it is best if you follow a branched model. The name of the subtopic under a subhead with a different bullet to signify that it is a subhead.
- You can also leave a little space in the beginning of the line as you write the title of a subhead. This way the reader will understand that the topic is a subhead under the previous title.
- Using block lettering and bold letters will also help you organize it better. Use block letters to denote each chapters while bold to emphasis the most important headings. You can include the subheads in smaller front.
- Use visual cues to help readers find the necessary topic easily.
Our team consists of professional writers and PhD holders, so you will receive the first-hand information and learn how to avoid typical mistakes.
Become A Writer
If you're PhD holder and want to help other students and peers to get greater understanding in PhD writing, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.