How To Come Up With Interesting Art Dissertation Ideas
Okay, so you want to be an artist? Art is one the most popular courses for young people to take when moving into higher education. It is also a very broad subject, with a whole range of possible career pathways. Thankfully, you still have plenty of time ahead of you to explore your options. So, while you don’t need to decide upon your speciality right now, you do need to come up with a dissertation that will blow your lecturer’s mind away.
With so much competition out there; so many fresh, creative minds buzzing away with ideas you will want to come up with something a little quirky; a little offbeat that perfectly demonstrates your individuality. If you are struggling for inspiration, here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Can captioned images posted on social media sites such as “Snapchat” and “Instagram” be construed as art? Discuss.
- Does the pop art of the 1950’s have a role to play in comics and graphic comics of today?
- Explore the key differences between minimalism and abstract expressionism.
- Do artists define a civilization? Examine and explore how prehistoric paintings have shaped our understanding of prehistoric man.
- Can painting and drawing help survivors of natural disasters come to terms with their grief? Explore the creative ways in which survivors of the Boxing Day Tsunami are working through the tragedy.
- Choose a famous artist and explore how they used their work to mirror the political chaos of the era in which they lived. Are there any examples of artists influencing government policy? Discuss.
- The viewing public will see what they choose to see. Can paintings and sculptures help bridge gaps in people’s intelligence? Or is it all aesthetic? Discuss.
- During the Second Word War, nude paintings were used as a means of providing comfort to soldiers. Should images of the female body be used in this way and is there a place for this kind of work in modern day warfare? Discuss.
- Explore the ways in which nature has influenced great Japanese artists.
- Can graffiti artists such as Banksy ever be viewed as positive role models for young people today? Is his work simply a statement, or can it be viewed as beautiful? Should the authorities prosecute graffiti artists for “damaging” public property? Discuss.
Our team consists of professional writers and PhD holders, so you will receive the first-hand information and learn how to avoid typical mistakes.
Become A Writer
If you're PhD holder and want to help other students and peers to get greater understanding in PhD writing, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.